Wednesday 18 March 2009

A Serious, Non Snarky Post

In the early hours of March 5th, a silver BMW, driven by a 22 year old man, skidded off the A259 in Southwick, West Sussex and smashed into a concrete fence. The driver died the next day from his injuries, and at the time of writing, his girlfriend is critically ill in hospital and has not yet regained consciousness.

Rewind about 12 years, and there I am, standing near him, every Saturday morning, football training for our local side. I can still seem him now - he was a good little player, even with the Liverpool top on.

RIP James. I'm sorry I never spoke to you once I left Sussex. I'm sorry I never gave you a thought for the past decade, until I was told the news tonight. I'm sorry this had to happen to your family as well - your dad is a really good man. I don't know what I'll be doing at 2:30pm this Thursday, but I promise I'll be thinking about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment