Monday 27 July 2009

These boots were made for walking...

...but my trainers aren't. After a 7 mile trudge through a load of mud this afternoon, my white trainers are now brown and the soles are pretty worn down. Shame, because they are so damn comfortable. If you're looking for a comfort pair of trainers, I recommend Puma. However I do need others when out in the countryside walking, so if you're thinking of buying me a birthday present (December) some proper walking shoes will do just fine. Or the complete collection of Calvin and Hobbes, I ain't fussed.

I'm afraid I took some more photos whilst out and about, so let's see what we have here:

1) The majesty of The Wrekin. The transmitter at the top reminds me of the old power station at the top of Mount Ventoux in France. At night-time the top of it flashes red, I believe that was put into place after a plane flew into The Wrekin one night.

2) For such a beautiful place, Ironbridge has some eye-sores, these cooling towers being a good example. Still, if you've never been, it's a great day out, and the various museums they have there are fantastic.

3) Doh! A deer! This is the 2nd time I've been fortunate enough to catch a deer on camera before it legged it. I didn't manage to get an image of the mother deer and her other young un's (I saw three) but this one was clearly not as attentive and lingered just long enough for me to snap it. It always saddens me how much I enjoy eating venison.

4) The side of The Wrekin. When I walk up there, that bit is normally where I eat my lunch.

5) Baaaaaaaaa!






I'm completely cream-crackered now, but I'm hoping to launch another blog entry your way some time tonight. You'll need to leave your dignity at the door, and have your thinking cap on...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment