Friday 29 May 2009

Roland Garros Update #3

Some things in life are easy. Barcelona's victory on Wednesday night. The South African golfer, Ernest "Big Easy" Els. Sunday mornings.

But I don't think I've seen 'easy' quite like 'Everybody's favourite Serbian female tennis player's match just now against 32nd seed Iveta Benesova. I'm looking after the Ginger Wonder today so I was up early enough to catch the start, and after placating him with the Nintendo Wii (which is going, soon, but I don't have the heart to tell him) I made myself a cup of tea and sat down with the BBC red button to watch the match. 

If Iveta Benesova is seed no.32, I think Betty Boothroyd is probably no.33, as she was RUBBISH. 'Everybody's favourite Serbian female tennis player' played quite well, but it wasn't a test, and she cruises through Round 3 by the scoreline of 6-0, 6-2. Hoo-effing-rah!
Coming up next for 'Everybody's favourite Serbian female tennis player' is a tricky match against either Victoria Azarenka or Carla Suarez Navarro. I suspect it will be Azarenka.

No comments:

Post a Comment