Tuesday 7 April 2009

When the day is long...

I've just watched the film "Wendy and Lucy", which I'm pretty certain has left me more depressed than any other film I've ever watched, ever.

Feeling sad/down at the end of a film is nothing new to me. I desperately hope every film I watch ends on a 'happy ending', and when it doesn't I always get upset. You're reading the thoughts of someone who cried during/after: Saving Private Ryan, Philadelphia, The Green Mile and Forrest Gump (actually, maybe it's just I cry whenever I see Tom Hanks. I'll cry if I ever watch The Da Vinci Code, although that will be based on how bad it is).

No tears today though, just general depression. "Wendy and Lucy" is a small-ish film that probably has escaped the attention of a lot of people - it only has 1,700 votes on imdb at the time of writing. I would recommend it to all of my dear readers, but be very mindful that a) it is a slo-o-o-o-o-ow film and b) it's a real gut-wrencher, especially at the end. Thinking about it, the film has quite a few similarities to "The Pursuit of Happyness", a film I absolutely adore (happy ending, innit?)

Anyway, so, yes. I'm now glum. Any chance of United making me feel any happier tonight? The way we're playing at the moment, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment