Friday 7 August 2009

The Inglorious Bastards

I've spent all day trying to think up a name similar to "The Map Twats" - Voley's intrepid band of walkers. All that thinking has proved pointless, as the only thing I can come up with is "The Inglorious Bastards", and having just gone to Google to check the spelling of 'Inglorious' it turns out that it's already a title of a Tarantino movie. Such is life.

Anyway, after a few days of lounging around, it felt good to get some fresh air and embrace The Shire's countryside. We had been planning to walk up The Wrekin for a few weeks, but kept on having to cancel because the weather wasn't nice enough. Today...it was too nice. Hot hot hot, and it made it tough. Real damn tough. I can't recall how many times I've been up there, but everytime it hurts the backs of my knees and makes me feel like I'm either going to vomit/faint/die before I get to the summit. Still, we got there, and if you've never done it, do it! Just to say you got there.

Here's some photos, but my cameraphone has never really covered itself in any glory.

1) The view from the summit, looking out towards Shrewsbury.
2) Ivan, looking like some dodgy Cuban with that hat.
3) Ivan took a photo of this guy. I have no idea who he is, but he needs a haircut and to iron his jeans.
4) That's a branch sticking out of a tree that looks like a crocodile. Good, innit?





Those are the best photos, which isn't saying a lot for the rest. Well folks, that's me done for the week, a nice relaxing weekend of watching football awaits. C'mon WBA, c'mon United, c'mon Telford. See you all back here on Monday, yeah? Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent pictures, and a glorious clear day. Despite being pretty small, some routes up the Wrekin can be quite tough.

    You can use Inglourious Bastards. Tarantino's film is Inglourious Basterds, which he picked because it's a homage to an earlier film, Inglorious Bastards…

    ReplyDelete