Friday 1 May 2009

Premier League Predictions

Unbelievable. Last week, I was chuffed to get 5 results right, with 3 perfect scores. Mark "Lawro" Lawrenson got 6 results right, with 3 perfect scores. I hate "Lawro" so much right now. He now leads 4-2 overall, and as it's squeaky bum time in the Premier League, I can only hope for a draw. I feel like how Newcastle will feel going to Anfield this weekend - only hope is a scrappy draw. Great. Anyway, let's keep on trying:

Middlesbrough vs Man United - I'm calling it, right here - the comeback against Spurs last weekend won us the title. That was our Sheffield Wednesday game, for those of us old enough to remember back to 1993. Boro are a poor side, with a poor manager. 0-2

Chelsea vs Fulham - Home win all day long. 2-0

Man City vs Blackburn - I suppose it's a local derby, but no interest other than that. 2-1

Portsmouth vs Arsenal - I imagine Arsenal will be resting players in anticipation of the second leg of the CL SF on Tuesday. Portsmouth aren't a brilliant team, but they will be good for a draw here. 1-1

Stoke vs West Ham - No one cares. 1-1

Tottenham vs West Brom - Home win all day long. 3-1

Wigan vs Bolton - I'm struggling to think of a reason to care about this one either. 1-0

Liverpool vs Newcastle - I think the Toon are going down, and they stand no chance here. 3-1

Sunderland vs Everton - Shock result last weekend was Sunderland's mauling at WBA. Everton don't care about this game, they have a Cup final to look forward to. 2-0

Aston Villa vs Hull - A bigger game for Hull than Villa, but I just can't see Hull coming close to winning it. Best hope is a draw, but Villa will win it, 2-1

Mark "Lawro" Lawrenson was talking to BBC Sport's Mike Henson. I spend all day talking to myself.

Bank Holiday weekend now, so I shall leave all you loyal readers alone until Tuesday. Any plans for the weekend? Really? Ooh, that will be nice. For me, it's all about pizza, baseball, pubs and snooker. C'mon John Higgins! (I've met him, you know- nice chap.)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I care - and you were wrong AGAIN (unfortunately this time).

    ReplyDelete