Thursday 4 November 2010

Student Special!

I've seen some things in my time, folks. I've seen John Barrowman performing 'Firelifes'. I've seen the legendary 'That's Why We Chose Yale' video. I've seen Jenna Jameson in a policemans uniform take a truncheon and...

Forget that one. Nevertheless, all those pale into insignificance, compared to this. I hate to indulge in hyperbole (great word) but this is THE GREATEST THING EVER AND OH MY GOD YOU MUST WATCH ALL OF THIS RIGHT NOW.

As a student, I naturally love Countdown - it's an institution, of course. But it's only watching this pilot episode of the show that I realise what an unbelievably brave/stupid decision it was to commission it for national television in the first place. There's three parts, and it will take 30 minutes out of your day, but I URGE you to watch it.

ALL of it is brilliant, but some parts to particularly look out:

  • 2:55 (video 1)
  • The most brilliantly urbane Scotsman since Sean Connery as James Bond
  • 3:00 (video 2)
  • 4:50 (video 2)
  • Ted Moult being so painfully out of his depth
  • 8:10 (video 2)
  • 1:00 (video 3)
  • 3:28 (video 3) (WHERE'S HE GONE? WHAT'S HAPPENED TO HIM?!)
  • 7:10 (video 3)
  • The splendid shade of pink used at the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment