If you scroll down the page a bit, you can see a blog entry I did a few weeks back now about the dreaded "C word". Lord knows why that entry proved so popular, but it provided me with more comments than any other blog entry I've ever done before. Perhaps that's the answer. Perhaps I've found my level. You lot love a bit of swearing, eh? Anyway, the comments received led to an interesting discussion, which was the aim, so thankyou very much.
The feedback got me thinking about words again, but this time in regards to words that I particularly like. So, whilst enduring another bout of insomnia the other night, I came up with a brief list of my favourite words:
- Discombobulation (a feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused)
- Antipasti (the traditional first course of a formal Italian meal)
- Onomatopoeia (a type of word that sounds like the thing it is describing)
- Archipelago (group of islands)
Place names as well:
- Monte Carlo
- Shrewsbury (when pronounced properly, but that's a debate for another time. Rest assured though - it's Shroes-bury)
That last one is a joke. I'm sure there are many more, but I can't remember them right at this moment. So, what's your favourite word(s), friends?