Thursday 26 August 2010

The Joys of August

I am going on holiday. For a week I will not have internet access, so I'll either have a lovely break - spending time with my family, reading, walking and seeing the sights - or I'll start climbing the walls and go mad. Let me put it this way - if the cottage doesn't have a dartboard, I riot.

So I'm busy packing today. First up, books. I feel I need to take quite a few, and take a variety of styles. I've gone for:

The Damned United - David Peace (I'm halfway through it. I don't like it much so far, annoyingly)
The Road - Cormac McCarthy
Thanks for Nothing - Jack Dee
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
Awkward Situations for Men - Danny Wallace
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

And a collection of short stories by Jeffery Deaver.

I would take some DVDs as well, but I think there's only one TV and doubt there's a DVD player. So I'll take a Clint Eastwood collection just in case.

Okay, so then we have the obvious stuff - clothes, toiletries, wallet, tablets, phone.

The not-so-obvious stuff:

My baseball.
Digital radio.
Crib board.
Crossword dictionary.
Little screwdriver for my glasses.
My Guinness rugby stress ball.
My Badly Drawn Boy-esque hat.
PSP and charger.
One pack of playing cards.
One pack of playing cards for magic tricks.
My 11-in-1 multi-functional tool.
Pad of paper and pens.
My trusty copy of Baseball Prospectus 2010.
Multi-vitamin sweets.
My encyclopaedia.

Well, I think that's everything. Hey guys, thanks for helping me pack!

God bless you all.



PS. There's nothing left in the house worth stealing, so don't go getting any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment