Monday 5 April 2010

Election Problems

Happy Easter period to you all.

If, like me, you are scratching your head over the upcoming General Election, you've probably got nits. Or it might be because, like me, you are unsure who to vote for.

Nevertheless, help is at hand. A few days ago I was alerted to the website http://voteforpolicies.org.uk which essentially cuts the "personality" crap away from politics and politicians and focuses on the policies and issues at hand. To take part yourself, start up the survey, select all 9 areas of interest, and go through them one-by-one, taking time to read the options and think things through clearly, before selecting the one you most agree with. The survey does take a wee while to complete, but like I said, if you are genuinely unsure who to vote for at the election, it's a handy little guide for you, and well worth doing.

But before you toddle off to do that yourselves, I'm guessing you want to know my results. Let me just say, I am ashamed with myself:

Here's the breakdown of your results

  • Labour 44.44%
  • Green Party 33.33%
  • Lib Dems 22.22%
Crime Labour
DemocracyGreen Party
EconomyGreen Party
EducationGreen Party
EnvironmentLabour
EuropeLib Dems
Health / NHSLabour
ImmigrationLib Dems
WelfareLabour

Based on your answers it looks like you should be voting for Labour in the next general election.

On the plus side - didn't select any policies from the Tories, the BNP or UKIP. On the negative side...eurgh. Might still just go ahead and vote for The Greens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment