Monday 13 July 2009

And so to Turnberry!

I know what you're thinking. No, really, I do. Right now, you are thinking this:

"Wowzers, how hot did Rachel Riley look on Countdown today?!"

You can't fool me, I'm afraid. And you are right, she is gorgeous. But I'm actually thinking about The Open which is starting on Thursday, from the magnificent and challenging Turnberry. Regular readers will know just how awesome my sporting predictions are, so no doubt you are all waiting with baited breath to see who I'm tipping. Well, wait no longer!

I'm going to tip a few people, because I'm cheeky like that. Ian Poulter must surely win his first Major soon, and 28/1 is a nice price for him. Lee Westwood is in a decent run of form, and William Hill has him 3rd favourite at 25/1. And I must back young Rory McIlroy, because I love the wee bastard so much, although he's also 25/1, pretty poor odds to be honest. That price seems ridiculously short for an inexperienced young lad, bearing in mind that the Tiger is in the field also.

Finally, if you want an outsider, the South African Richard Sterne is 250/1, which is a crazy price considering what a solid player he is and how well he played at the weekend. Might have a sneaky quid on that one myself. May the best man win, providing it's not Adam Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment